Fabulous Followers - Its OK if you don't.... but it would be nice if you did

Linky Followers

Tuesday 21 February 2017

Getting Messy!

Hello, and thanks for calling in,  the current challenge at Try it on Tuesday this fortnight is  Let's Get Messy'   and you still have one more week to enter, for all the details, please pop over here

I can't take much credit for the design of this little wall plaque, which started life as an off cut from one of DH's DIY projects, as I saw this on the   Finnabair blog  here,    I just loved the colour and the design.  So with great process pictures, I decided to make one with the bits and pieces in my 'junk/treasure' box.  The background colour is a mix of PaperArtsy Snowflake/Mermaid and a little Taupe rubbed on with my finger.  Some Potting Soil Archival script stamping for some detail.
Paint and gilding wax on the metal and paper clay embellishments along with some bronze seed beads.
A little hanger on the back and it's on the wall and I love it, even though the picture doesn't really do the colour justice!

As always, Thanks for taking the time to call in, I do appreciate it.

Avril xx

17 comments:

Janette said...

It's gorgeous and your right to love it Avril, I love the colour very much..xx

aussie aNNie said...

It's oh so gorgeous, love the details.xx{aNNie}

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous piece, so many lovely details. Hugs, Valerie

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Gorgeous art with beautiful embellishments, love them :) Shirleyxx

Sandy said...

You certainly hit the jackpot with this Avril!!! Love everything about it especially all the different dodads!!!!
Sandy xx

Lisa said...

Oh my goodness, it's absolutely stunning, Avril!! I love the colors and the details you added!! What a stunning plaque!! I love it!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

chrissie said...

This is wonderful Avril and a style I always admire but I imagine it takes great skill

Love Chrissie xx

Amanda said...

Absolutely beautiful Avril
Love
Amanda x

Margik said...

A gorgeous plaque Avril! Love all the beautiful details on it!
Mar xx

Pia S said...

Even if it's A CASE study work it's still your design, and you have to find those elements to coordinate and they certainly do! I think it turned out both interesting and decorative.

Words and Pictures said...

CASE or no CASE, it's gorgeous either way! Love the steely blue greys and wonderful composition.
Alison x

Little Artbee said...

Oh what a wonderful composition in that nice soft blue color. I like all the decoration pieces you used and placed so perfectly. Nice artwork.
Dear Greetings
Sabine

Mrs A. said...

Beautiful make and the colour is gorgeous. Love, love your chunky embellishments. I must have lots of bits in my boxes i could use. just been over to the blog and lots of inspiration there too. Thanks for the link as following them now. hugs Mrs A.

Meggymay said...

It looks gorgeous Avrl, love how you used the bits and pieces to make this wonderful artistic hanging.
Yvonne xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

This is so beautiful Avril! I really must have a go at this as I have so many bits and pieces collecting in my little box! Thanks for the link! Hugs, Chrisx

G Peplow said...

Fabulous, love the colours and design :D xx

Paper Profusion said...

Wow - great case of Finnabair's make Avril!! This is really stunning!! I hope you do more. Nicola x