Fabulous Followers - Its OK if you don't.... but it would be nice if you did

Linky Followers

Monday 30 May 2016

Life is Beautiful





Hello and thanks for popping in today, well here in the N.E. the weather wasn't as good as expected this Bank Holiday, but it did give me a couple of hours to start to 'tidy' my craft room - that was until I  came across this little greyboard heart that I'd started ages ago.  It had been painted with PaperArtsy paints and Crackle Glaze and then sat in a drawer waiting to be embellished.
I used DecoArt Crackle paste through a Flourish stencil, and when dry this was covered with Pumice stone DI to highlight the cracks.  My little roses were made with the Tiny Florals die and sprayed with various Distress inks.  The little sentiment was a 'freebie' from Crafty Individuals,  stamped with Potting Soil and heat embossed with Clear EP.  I used a white gel pen to highlight the word Beautiful.  My lovely linen ribbon was bought in a little haberdashery on a day out a couple of weeks ago, I only got a couple of meters as I have a box full of pretty ribbons that I never use - wish I'd bought more of this one though!
I am entering this at:
  Love to Create - Challenge 11 Anything Mixed Media
  Mixed Media Mojo - Flowers
  Anything But Cute - Celebrate Your Style

By the was, the tidy up will be for another day now!

Avril xx

22 comments:

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Avril, this is absolutely stunning, I love it. My Daughter's house is full of things like this plaque and I know that she would love it too! The layout is perfect and that Tim Holtz stencil is probably my favourite and definitely my go to! Take care and enjoy the rest of your evening. Crafty hugs, Sandra :) X

Caro´s kreative Welt said...

WOW WOW WOW, this is wonderful, i love it. Really fantastic!!!
Hugs Carola

Valerie-Jael said...

this is really gorgeous, and has stolen my heart! Hugs, Valerie

Brenda Brown said...

Great background and beautiful embellishments Avril all combined to produce a very pretty hanging heart. Good luck with the tidy up when you get to it xxx

brenda said...

You have achieved great crackles Avril, it almost looks like aged wood and made a very pretty wall hanging.

B x

Janette said...

Hi Avril, oh I just love this sort of creating, so satisfying and you did a wonderful job....love it......
We have been so lucky weather wise here in the NW, which makes a vast change.....hope the sun gets you soon...xx

Linda said...

This is gorgeous Avril .... Great crackle background and I love the added stenciling xx

chrissie said...

Stunning Avril and I always admire any crackle work as I find it very difficult to do. The whole piece comes together so well

Love Chrissie xx

sirkkis said...

The heart is exquisite. Love all in it. Elegant design, Avril.
Have a happy day xx

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful Avril, just love how this turned out...gorgeous colours and designs....xxx  {aNNie}

Pamellia said...

Wow, this is beautiful Avril! I love the flourish at the top, and your crackle background is amazing! The vintage hues for the flowers and ribbon work well with the neutrals! hugs :)

Christine L said...

I LOVE this fabbie creation Avril..... that crackle glaze worked a treat and looks so good! Anyone would be proud to hang that on their wall - it's the kind of thing you see in high class interior shops!

Hugs
Christine x

Sandy said...

I love this heart Avril - especially the crackling. You know sometimes I wake up and think what a beautiful world and sometimes I wake up with my fanny really dragging!
sandy xx

Mrs A. said...

Glad you got distracted for long enough to finish this delightful heart. Just love those scrummie flowers. Hugs Mrs A.

Paper Profusion said...

Very pretty and beautifully balanced design Avril. Nicola x

Jannet said...

This is beautiful Avril! I love those cute little flowers.

Thank you so much for sharing your art with us at Mixed Media Mojo.

Good luck in your challenges.

Anonymous said...

I really LOVE this!
The first peek at the photograph, I actually thought it was a heart made from aged wood - stunning crackle achieved. It is just so very pretty and that ribbon is a beautiful touch.
Maybe you are not interested but you should just have enough time (if you are super quick!) that you could enter this into the Crafty Individuals challenge of Anything Goes because the CI stamp would make it suitable.
Wishes
Lynne

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Gorgeous heart, love it. It's wonderful to be in our craft rooms on a wet or cold day. I especially love to go through all the stash and see what I've forgotten about :) And to 'downsize' goodies that I will no longer use. Take care xx

Aimeslee Winans said...

Very pretty, Avril! xoxo

Words and Pictures said...

Utterly gorgeous crackle - both in the weathered background and in the flourishes. I love this heart!
Alison x

Pawsitively Creative said...

So glad you made this design and waited on tidying up your space. Lol! This heart is vintage fun and that crackle is awesome sauce. It's like double the crackle double the fun! Fantabulous and gorgeous altered heart!

Thanks for joining us at Anything But Cute for our"Celebrate Your Style" challenge! Hugz. ~Niki DT

SewPaperPaint said...

LOOK at that crackle! It's GAW-jus! Love the stenciling on top. What a beautiful project, Avril. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Anything But Cute. <3