Fabulous Followers - Its OK if you don't.... but it would be nice if you did

Linky Followers

Sunday 30 October 2016

Snowflakes


Hello, and thanks for visiting today, I've not had a lot of time for crafting or blogging lately and I've felt as though the old mojo was a bit lethargic of late, so what better way to give it a kick start than to buy some new Christmas goodies (any excuse)!!
I really liked the look of the Tim Holtz Snowflake last year, so...... it's now in the stash, and I love it.

The base of this card is from a little play - ages ago.  The article was in a Craft Stamper mag -  (I think they used carrot tops) I used bits from one of the conifers in the garden, position them on card and use sprays over the card.  When dry you have a lovely white outline.

These have been in the  'box' just waiting to be used.

I randomly stamped music script and embossed with Gold EP and then sprayed on some Tarnished brass spray stain.  I cut two snowflakes, coloured one with Tarnished Brass stain, then stamped them both with the music script and heat embossed with Gold EP.  I ran the white one through the matching snowflake embossing folder and highlighted the raised area with gold ink and layered with foam dots.
My matching base card was coloured with stain as I didn't want different golds.

Well, at least I've made a start on the Christmas cards and used something out of the bits box!

I'm entering this at:
  Allsorts - Lets Make a Start on Christmas
  Christmas Card Challenges - Anything Goes

Thanks for calling in, I do appreciate it.
Avril xx

15 comments:

Rita said...

Beautiful Avril. I know what you mean about Mr Mojo leaving you high and dry. Enjoy your evening. Hugs Rita xxx

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Gorgeous Avril and what a fabulous idea to use bits from a conifer to create such a superb background, I love it. Looks like your mojo's back on track. Happy crafting, Sandra X

brenda said...

Such a simple idea but so very effective Avril, will be trawling the garden tomorrow me thinks.

B x

Brenda Brown said...

Fabulous layered snowflake design Avril, love it xxx

chrissie said...

Such a beautiful snowflake and it makes a really special card

Love Chrissie xx

Meggymay said...

The snowflake looks gorgeous, super backgrounds to use as well.
Yvonne xx

Joan said...

Wow, what a lovely card Avril, beautiful snowflake and background ( I assume they used the feathery bits from the carrot tops, first thought was the bit you chop off the top, mind boggled ! )

Joan

aussie aNNie said...

Lovely colours and image used on this creation to impress the receiver.xxx {aNNie}

Linda said...

That snowflake looks stunning and I love how you've done the background xx

sally said...

Am I on your Christmas card list? These are seriously nice!!!

Sallyx

Paper Profusion said...

Yep, mojo astray for me too. Love your card Avril, the 'stencil' from the garden looks fab! Nicola x

Sandy said...

Such a gorgeous star on such a pretty background. Stunning card!
Sandy xx

Pamellia said...

What a beautiful wintery card Avril! I just love your textured, layered snowflake and the background is just lovely with the aquas! So frosty!! hugs :)

Debbie said...

Gorgeous card!! I love that snowflake! [I'll have to try to get one in my stash! ;) ]
Thanks for playing along this week at Christmas Card Challenges!!
Debbie (CCC DT)
Debbie's Dash of This and That

SewPaperPaint said...

Oh Avril! I just love these soft beautiful layers! Such an inspiration today. Hugs, Autumn