Fabulous Followers - Its OK if you don't.... but it would be nice if you did

Linky Followers

Sunday 24 July 2016

Altered Pages

 Hello and thanks for popping in,  I've not had much  opportunity to craft these last couple of weeks, but his little project,  done in short sessions, was ideal to do as normally I get very impatient when it comes to waiting for things to dry properly.
A few weeks ago Astrid did a wonderful step by step guide for altering pages, which if you're interested you can find here.    I've attempted to do something like this before, but have never been happy with the results, however I followed Astrid's process,as if I was doing an online workshop, step by step, and I think these are quite passable.
So  'Thank You' Astrid.
I've used papers from Docrafts  Madam Payraud throughout, bits of tissue and some stamping in Potting Soil Archival.  My little 'word stickers' were cut from a Tim Holtz sentiment.


My second page, again similar, but this time I also stamped the butterfly image, coloured with Broken china and attached with foam pads.

I've made a little mini book, again following Astrid's tutorial,  here.

I got a few more pages to show, they just need sticking into the little book first and I'll show.

Thanks again for your visit.
Avril xx

18 comments:

Little Artbee said...

Wonderful background motifs and what you put on it looks very nice again.
I am excited about your next pages.
Dear Greetings
Sabine

G Peplow said...

What a great result, loving your altered pages Avril. I'm looking forward to seeing some more :D xx

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful Avril and heaps of thanks for the link...xx {aNNie}

Brenda Brown said...

Fabulous pages 'Astrid' style, love what you have done with her process steps xxx

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful pages, very well made. Hugs, Valerie

sally said...

Lovely pages you've created Avril!

Sally x

chrissie said...

Such beauty on the pages and great that you could follow Astrid's instructions as well--she will be so pleased I reckon.

Love Chrissie xx

Linda said...

I love these altered pages ..... so much beautiful detail. Off to check out the link. Have a lovely week. xx

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Avril, these pages are stunning and the butterfly looks ready to fly off the page. All the stamps that you've used and the colours just work together so beautifully, I love them. Crafty hugs, Sandra X

Meggymay said...

Stunning pages Avril, I can imagine you enjoying making these.
Look forward to seeing more.
Yvonne xx

Sandy said...

What a gorgeous, gorgeous spread - Bravo - I love this!
sandy xx

Margik said...

Wonderful mini book, Avril! Love all the beautiful details. Brilliant!
Mar xx

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Gorgeous pages, love them... I've scrolled to see the others that I've missed while away, all beautiful ! Take care, Shirleyxx

Aimeslee Winans said...

Well done, Avril! xoxo

Pia S said...

The type of project where you can just let your creativity run wild! Gorgeous!

Caro´s kreative Welt said...

Wowww, the page is wonderful, love them.
Hugs Carola

Astrid Maclean said...

Just wonderful Avril and I am so glad I did not miss these!! You have made the techniques totally your own, and it all looks super!!

Thank you for linking back to me and so glad my instructions worked for you!!! xxxx

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh My! These are two stunning pages - I see now(asked you a question but I am going backwards) that it is a mini book! Hugs, Chrisx