Fabulous Followers - Its OK if you don't.... but it would be nice if you did

Linky Followers

Sunday 28 September 2014

Born to Stand Out!

Hi Folks, just thought I'd  share another card made a few weeks ago, when I was using the masculine images from  Artistic Outpost stamps.
I have used the Deisel Punk set for the main image and background, and the sentiment is from the Think and Wonder set, torn script, a TH embossed sheet and all shading in Vintage Photo and Walnut stain.  My 'born to stand out' guy was coloured with Broken China and the shading on the image was done with the nesti die still in place to look like an old photo.
I challenged myself to use the masculine images first and now I just need is some time to use the others - and spare time is something that has been very short lately and might be for the next few weeks, as we are having major kitchen alterations starting next Monday which will also impact on another room, and I'm not the quickest at making decisions, but very good at changing my mind!  Lots more packing away to finish before Friday, as I already have my ticket for Harrogate GNP on Saturday - got to get the priorities right!!
Is anyone going - it would be lovely to meet up?
I am entering this at:
   Artistic Outpost - Show us your Art
   Red Rubber Inspirationals - Stay Focused on Stamping
   Vintage Stamping Challenge - Anything Goes
   We Dodoobadoo - Something Masculine

Thanks for visiting, I do appreciate it, especially as I'm not the best of visitors lately.
Have a great week,
Avril xx


17 comments:

~ Kendra ~ said...

Love all the layers, beautiful design! Thanks for joining us at Red Rubber Inspirationals!

Rita said...

Wonderful card Avril and lots of lovely interesting things to see. Hugs Rita xxx

sirkkis said...

Interesting card, Avril. Fantastic layers and great vintage colours.
Kitchen alterations are not a easy project but when it's ready, I'm sure, you will enjoy it.
Have a great next week!
Sirkka

Meggymay said...

Fabulous male card Avril. Just think how great your new kitchen is going to look when its finished, the time will soon pass.
Yvonne xx

Anneke said...

Great male card. These cards are always difficult to make. You have done a great job. This card looks wonderful love all the layers. Greetings Anneke.

Valerie-Jael said...

This is a wonderful piece, strong ad masculine and great colours and layers! Hugs, Valerie

Pamellia said...

Wonderful card Avril! I really love the touch of green you added! hugs :)

Annette G said...

New kitchens are the worst of all to live through, but very rewarding when complete.

Terrific card Avril, Have a great week, Annette x

http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

A great quote and the guys really stand out Avril...nice layers!
greetings, Alie

sheila 77 said...

This is terrific, love the subtle colours and all the clever layering.
Good luck with the kitchen and I'm envious of your visit to the GNP at Harrogate.

Claire said...

Love this Avril. I find masculine cards so difficult - but I love this one, especially the way you've made it look like an old photo. Hope you have fun at Harrogate! Claire x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

That's a gorgeous composition.

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

Really great masculine card! You're really good at distressing edges! Thank you for joining us at the Red Rubber Inspirationals this week! Lynda - DT Champion Red Rubber Designs

Terry said...

What a great masculine card, Avril! Love all the vintage layers and of course the AO stamps, which I am so glad you shared! Hugs!

Lisa Somerville said...

Wonderful masculine card, love the layering and added coloring to the Diesel Punk image. Thanks for supporting the Show Us your AO Art Challenge!

Pia S said...

I do lots of masculine cards, I do vintage cards, but very rarely a combination of the two. I like how your card turned out, great image and old looking papers!

Viv said...

Terrific vintage masculine card Avril - love it!
Thanks for sharing with us at Vintage Stamping and good luck!
Viv.
VSC DT