Fabulous Followers - Its OK if you don't.... but it would be nice if you did

Linky Followers

Friday 6 December 2013

V for Vellum at Alphabet Challenge

I do hope you like the new challenge over at Alphabet where our letter is 'V' for Vellum - as I chose this theme!
I have made a 'tag' card - my image, Crafty Individuals, was stamped onto vellum with Stazon, and on the reverse I used an embossing tool on  the flowers and swirls, I stamped again  onto white card and coloured her skin and dress.  I left a border around three sides of the vellum image, which was folded and used to attach to the card image (hope that makes sense) after fussy cutting along the swirls.  My background is a layer of muslin, over a baby wipe that had been used to mop up some 'nice colours' of distress ink - it looked too pretty to throw away - I spritzed it with water and then ran it through the CB for some texture.  The corrugated card was inked with White Versamark and sprinkled with Snowflake EP.  The flowers are a Joycraft die and coloured with Spun Sugar DI.

It would be lovely if you could join us and if you need any inspiration for using vellum, then my very talented teamies have some lovely creations, so please pop over to the main blog.

This is my last scheduled post, so hopefully I will catch up with you next week.
Thanks for visiting, and I hope you have a great weekend.

Avril xx

12 comments:

Basslady said...

what a gorgeous creation! the vintage-look is so brilliant, hun!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Judith said...

So lovely Avril - I love the colours - the effect is stunning hugs Judith x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful use of the embossing tool on the reverse of the image.
A lovely delicate, ethereal appearance to this gorgeous tag.
Wishes
Lynne

Pat said...

Gorgeous tag Avril, and great challenge this week.

Pat xx

Terry said...

So many artsy elements and textures! Love this tag! Happy Weekend!

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous tag! Valerie

Meggymay said...

Beautiful tag Avril, the background textures look super.
Yvonne x

Pia S said...

I love how this image looks stamped onto vellum. The details you've put into this project are fantastic! Love the textured look, and it's a gorgeous vintage tag!!!

Shirley said...

i love Vellum Avril but don't use as often nowadays must get it out!!!

Love the embossing on the back of the stamped image this makes it stand out beautifully. It also looks beautiful when you stamp and emboss with white it really gives the effect of parchment craft.

You have surrounded her with so many gorgeous embellies and a stunning background. Can you tell I love this.

Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x

Sandy said...

How in the world did you know how to do all this Avril? Your tag is beautiful and you are absolutely right - the baby wipe is too pretty to throw away!!!! I am still amazed at how in the world you knew to do all these steps and the flowers at the bottom are so pretty too. The ribbon at the top is perfect Shabby chic meets vintage with Avril's talent!
Happy Holidays Sugar!
Sandy

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A gorgeous tag with great elements and texture.

Words and Pictures said...

Completely gorgeous vintage make, Avril - love that corrugated background, and wonderful colours and image.
Alison x