Fabulous Followers - Its OK if you don't.... but it would be nice if you did

Linky Followers

Thursday 12 December 2013

Last batch!


Hi, I'm back and with one I made earlier, in fact it was  my last batch of Christmas cards.   Again a very simple make, but when there's lots to make at this time of the year, that's what's needed.  The embossing folder and poinsettia are both Tim Holtz and the greeting is from a set of Katy Sue clear stamps, bought last year and never used.
Thanks for all the lovely comments on my last few makes, I really do appreciate them, and I hope to catch up with everyone over the next few days as I resume a 'normal' life. The last couple of days have been a whirlwind of washing, (I always think it looks strange when there's a line full of bikinis, shorts and tee shirts etc. in the winter)  the tree is up, and the house decorated, just wish I felt a bit more Christmassy!
Hope you all have a good Sunday, I'm off to Northumberland today,  a friend is having a Christmas Lunch party, should be a good day and hopefully give me that Christmas feeling.

I am entering this at:
  That Craft Place - Christmas
  Dream Valley Challenge - Christmas

Avril xx

11 comments:

Christine L said...

Well done on finishing all your cards Avril... this one is fabulous!

Hope you had a lovely hols... I can imagine it being difficult to come back to the festive season!

Hugs
Christine x
Ps.. enjoy your day out x

Pia S said...

Oh, what an elegant version of a traditional Christmas card! Really beautiful!

Meggymay said...

A beautiful card, loving the poinsettia. Can imagine your washing line, sounds like you had a super holiday.
Yvonne x

Words and Pictures said...

Welcome home! And it sounds like you're ahead of the game despite the holiday... Lovely card - what a fabulous poinsettia, and I love the white embossing.
Alison x

Words and Pictures said...

Welcome home! And it sounds like you're ahead of the game despite the holiday... Lovely card - what a fabulous poinsettia, and I love the white embossing.
Alison x

Joan said...

Beautiful card Avril, love the poinsettia and the embossing.

Sandy said...

Now Avril - do you wear a bikini? Lord child, your body is fairing a lot better than mine but then again I might be old enough to be your Mum.
Your back at home safe and sound just in time for the whirl wind we call Christmas! Your card is very pretty and I often like the more simple cards the best.
Happy Holidays Kid!
Sandy

Shirley said...

Beautiful and elegant Christmas card Avril. I so hope you enjoyed your well deserved holiday. A Christmas lunch party is just what the doctor ordered to get you in the mood.

Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x

Terry said...

Very pretty and elegant card! Love that pop of red from the poinsettia and the embossing really adds nice dimension!

rachel said...

gorgeous card Avril - super embossing - thanks for joining us at That Craft Place and good luck! Hugs Rachel x

Jenny Marples said...

So elegant Avril. Love this. Jenny x