Fabulous Followers - Its OK if you don't.... but it would be nice if you did

Linky Followers

Sunday 1 December 2013

In the Holiday Spirit at FSC

You have all month to enter the new challenge at Fashionable Stamping - which for December is ' In the Holiday Spirit' chosen by Terry.  As long as there's some stamping on your project, it's up to you as long as it's 'In the Holiday Spirit!  We again have our very generous sponsor Flonzcrafts who are offering one lucky random winner a $20 spend in their online store
I love the anticipation of children in the lead up to Christmas Eve and their thoughts of Santa Clause, so I decided to use this Rubber Stampeed Santa and an Inkylicious 'Twas the Night before Christmas' verse.  I used a Christmas printed vellum over my blue base layer and then stamped a snowflake with Versamark and brushed with Perfect Pearls for the next layer, but then covered it with my main images!!  The poinsettia was cut in vellum and stamped with a music script in Versamark and then brushed with Blue Patina Perfect Pearls, I also ran a Versamark pen around the edges before I added the PP.
My lovely team mates all have very different themes, so please pop over to the main blog and I'm sure you won't be disappointed.
This is another scheduled post as I am enjoying a different kind of Santa to my 'frosty' looking card, I took this photo last year, and as we are at the same hotel, I'm sure I will be seeing this little scene again this year.

Have a great Sunday.

Avril xx

14 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Your Christmas card is just gorgeous with wonderful monochromatic colouring. Love the Christmas scene on the roof. Enjoy your break.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Shirley said...

Is that it Avril just because you have left us with this oh so pretty Christmas card you can just swan off to warmer climes and enjoy yourself!!

Definitely what I would do lol. Have fun babe and enjoy your break. See you when you get back x x

Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful colours and the most fabulous stamping - a WOW of a card.
Enjoy your break.
Wishes
Lynne

Words and Pictures said...

Am in love with this card, Avril - I love how Father Christmas emerge from the frosty background with that lovely hint of teal... and you've captured the colouring on his face perfectly.

And wow, where you're staying looks just fabulous - envying you that sunshine already. Have a wonderful time!
Alison xx

Terry said...

Santa is gorgeous! I love the subtle coloring and all the snowflakes and that poinsettia is amazing! Glad you are having a nice and warm break and enjoying your "Holiday." Hugs!

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful card, enjoy your change of scene! Valerie

Pia S said...

Love the image, love the paper with script, love the vellum poinsettia. Gorgeous Christmas creation with a vintage flair!

Meggymay said...

Gorgeous traditional card Avril. Hope you are enjoying your holiday, the hotel looks FAB.
Yvonne x

Ink Art Designs said...

Hi Avril. This is such an exquisite card! I love the vellum and the santa image is one of the best that I have seen. Totally gorgeous Avril.
How is your holiday going??? I hope you are having a great time with a well-earned rest!
Dot x

Christine L said...

Fabulous creation as always Avril... I have that lovely Santa stamp too.. I must use it again soon!

Hope you're enjoying your hols...

x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

I'm missing words, a breathtaking card.

Ellie Knol said...

Happy holiday mood you are in, sitting in other warmer weather and leave us in the cold...

Claire said...

Gorgeous card, beautiful stamping and such lovely frosty colours.
Claire xx

Cazro said...

I adore this card - honestly I think it is one of the BEST I have seen this season. No kidding. Caz