Fabulous Followers - Its OK if you don't.... but it would be nice if you did

Linky Followers

Monday 20 May 2013

Box Clever!

Hi and welcome to my 2nd project  for Shernocky Crafts and for the month of May we are still in Oriental mode using the lovely Graphic 45 Bird Song papers which are available from the lovely vintage Craft Shop based in Altrincham, Cheshire.
I decided to alter another box, this time just using the papers.  I absolutely adore this black and gold Willow Pattern and knew straight away that I wanted to create the look of a black lacquered box.



I started with a silver hinged box,
 painted all the sides with  Gold Adirondack Paint Dabber,and then began to cut and measure the paper to fit top and all the sides


I punched 2 holes in each of the top side pieces to allow the gold hinges to show.
The bottom of the box was covered with a plain black cardstock.

I chose the butterfly paper for the inside rather than one of the more colourful papers, as I wanted to keep the antique lacquered look .

A bit of a different look from me, and no embellishments, but I think these papers don't need anything for the style of box I was trying to create.

  Ingredients used:  Graphic 45 Bird Song Papers 8 x 8
                              Crafters Companion Tape Runner
  All available from Shernocky Crafts, Altrincham, Cheshire.

I am entering this at:
  Make it Monday - Anything Goes
  Challenges 4 Everybody - Anything Goes

Before I go, I would just like to say 'hello' to my new followers, its lovely to see you.

Avril xx








21 comments:

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Stunning project Avril, love the gold and the fantastic papers.

Warm hugs
Maarit

Rosie said...

Your box is so beautiful, love it

sally said...

A very nice selection of papers there Avril.

Sally

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

What a great papers Avril!!! Your box looks very very stylish!
Top!

kind regards, Alie :-)

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous Avril! This reminds me of a black lacquered box my mum had when I was a little girl.
xx

Paper Profusion said...

This is so richly beautiful Avril - a superb example of letting the papers speak for themselves! Beautifully done. Nicola x

Words and Pictures said...

So glamorous - a great make!
Alison x

Jane Wetzel said...

WOW...This is really beautiful!

Darnell said...

I agree, Avril, those papers don't need anything more. This is breathtaking!!

DIANA L. said...

I saw you on MIM your box came out awesome I love the DP's you used. I am # 4, 39, and #48, stop by I would
Love to have you visit.

DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Pia S said...

The papers you've used are FABULOUS - they give this beautiful box such an elegant feel. Love it!

Sandy said...

Hey Avril! I must confess that I like calling you Mrs.B - like a secret code name. Your box is outstanding and looks like a real lacquered box. The inside is fantastic. Beautiful work!!
Sandy

Valerie-Jael said...

I came over looking for your TIOT creations, but this one is gorgeous too! Have a nice day, Valerie

Rene said...

This is stunning! What a gorgeous creation! Thank you so much for joining us at MIM this week! Remember, to be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning!
Rene :D

Lisa Jane said...

Ooh this has such a luxurious feel... gorgeous
Lisa x

Linda said...

This is stunning Avril, love the papers and I think you've achieved the look you were after perfectly. xx

Meggymay said...

Gorgeous box alteration Avril, it has a wonderful classic look.
Yvonne x

mamawcindy said...

Seen your Box on Make It Monday and had to come check it out. Wow, Your Box is Awesome. So Beautiful. Love It! Thanks for Sharing! :0)
cindys-greencricut.blogspot.com

Angel-23 said...

Ohh I love love this box, so beautiful .
Hugs Rachael :) xx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

That's a great idea, wonderful box.

Rocio De Alba said...

What an awesome altered box! I saw it on MIM and wanted to check it out closely. =D