Fabulous Followers - Its OK if you don't.... but it would be nice if you did

Linky Followers

Tuesday 28 June 2011

House Mouse Card

Who stole my week!

I can't believe its over a week since I last posted - and made a card! especially after telling you all of my good intentions to be a better blogger!!!  I think it was John Lennon who said "You make plans and then Life happens"

We had planned to decorate the Living Room earlier in the year, but never quite got round to it, so re-scheduled for the Autumn, but with the weather being a bit cold last week DH decided it was as good a time as any, so thats what happened!

Trying to get back to normal now and have made my card for the House Mouse & Friends Monday Challenge before its too late.  The theme is Here Comes Summer and I have used one of the unmounted 'Summer' stamps that I won on the last HM & Friens Blog Hop a while ago. I have coloured the image with Promarkers and added Glossy Accents and Glamour Dust on the ice cubes. I added the LOTV Postcard - I wrote the message 'Having a mice time'  - well, they do look as if they are!  The sentiment is one of the unmounted ones as well.

I am also entering this card in - My Time to Craft challenge - Here Comes Summer
    Sparkles Form challenge - At the Beach
Thanks for looking and if you like what you see, please leave a comment and I will come and visit you, but for now I'm off to do a catch up around Blogland to see what everyone has been up to and say hello.

Avril xx

18 comments:

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

A beautiful card Avril - love the layering and the colours.
I'm sure your finished decor will be well worth the upheaval, although it doesn't seem that way when you are actually doing it!! Hugs, Sylvia xxx

DesignerDiva said...

Beautiful Avril, you have some gorgeous stamps and make stunning cards with them

Hugs Laurie x

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous Avril.xxx

Mary J said...

Hello Avril! sorry I haven't been around much!

Wow, this is soooo gorgeous - the layout and that postcard are brilliant!!

Jules said...

Hi Avril

What a cute card .. .. love your image very much and the postcard tucked away behind it is a great finishing touch.

If you find the person who stole your week could you let me know who it was because it could be the same person who has stolen my year!!!! LOL!!

Love Jules xx

debby4000 said...

Oh I love your gorgeous, adorable card Avril.
luv
Debby

America said...

Avril, this is totally gorgeous. Im lovin' that fabby matching border punch!!! Beautiful take on our Summer challenge. Thanks so much for always playing along with us at House-Mouse & Friends Monday Challenge. We love having you around! Hope to see you next time too:)

jackiescrafts said...

This is a great card I love the papers and the lacey effect of the cerise paper. I really like how you have edged the sentiment to match
Thanks for joining in at SFC

Jackie x

Anonymous said...

Such a cute image of the little mice and I love the postcard! Whoever has your week has mine too! Have a lovely birthday tomorrow. xxxx

Crafty Lynz said...

A fab & very sweet card!

thanks for joining us at SFC

xx

Jennibee's Cardspot said...

Beautiful card Avril, I love those sweet mice....they look as tho they are having a great time, better weather where they are than here. Coloured beautifully as usual
Love Jenni xx

Sue said...

Avril, that's a perfect image for our summer challenge. Love how you colored it. Papers are so pretty too. Thanks for sharing your card with us at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.

Hugs
Sue

Emma Williams said...

Time flies when you're having fun, doesn't it and I know exactly how you feel because I think the same person who stole your week, must have stolen mine too! lol
Hope you're ok and this is just such a fabulous card. Lovely work, Avril!
Love Emma xxx

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Beautiful card and an adorable image. Thanks for joining the MTTC Challenge this week.

Wendy -x-

Sue from Oregon said...

Oh One of my all time fave HM stamps(aren't they all hee hee)Darling card! They same person that stole your week, stole mine as well! Thanks for sharing with us again at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge! Good luck with the decorating too! ♥ Sue K

Heather said...

Probably the same person who stole my week Avril!
Fabulous card, I do love this sweet image and you've coloured so beautifully - great layout and lovely choice of papers.

So good to see you again at House Mouse & Friends,
love
Heather xx

Christine said...

Hi Avril yep same here someone keeps pinching my days too..wow this image just screams SUMMER love it fab layout & colour combo..

Thanks for sharing with us at HM & friends Monday chall.

smiles Christine xx

xxxtglxxx said...

Gorgeous image and your colouring is amazing :)

Love this summery card - just beautiful.

hugs

xxalisonxx